Thursday, February 5, 2015

Valentine Typewriter Vignette

Typewriter Decorated for Valentines Day from Denise on a Whim
I find it kind of hard to believe,
but I have never even shown you the vintage typewriter I snagged a few months back.
I thought I might better show it off a little while it's all decorated for Valentine's Day!
I was so excited to get this typewriter.
I'd been half-heartedly looking for a while but never found anything in my price range.
Then my boss's parents stopped in to work one day.

{They just happen to be very big into antiques.
It's a definite perk of working at my job!}

I mentioned that I really wanted an antique typewriter to use for decorating
and as a prop for photo shoots.
Within a few weeks, I had this little beauty in-hand!

These days, she's wearing a cute little turquoise bunting.
Turquoise Valentine Bunting on a Vintage Typewriter from Denise on a Whim
And she has a beautiful poem sitting in her carriage.
I printed it off the computer with a vintage-style type font.
I'm quite a fan of Christopher Poindexter's words.
Beautiful Words from Christopher Poindexter in a Vintage Typewriter via Denise on a Whim
In front of the space bar sits a small pink felt heart.
She's perched on the typewriter with the help of a magnet.
Felt Heart Magnet from Denise on a Whim
Above the typewriter hangs a faux window frame.
It was a mirror but I removed that.
DIY Love Garland and a Vintage Typewriter from Denise on a Whim
I cut letters from a piece of drop cloth and hot-glued them to some baker's twine
as a garland for the window.
DIY Love Garland in a Window Frame from Denise on a Whim

Drop Cloth and Baker's Twine Love Garland from Denise on a Whim
Then I added these turquoise and red zipper hearts I made last year
from a pinterest inspiration.
Zipper Hearts from Denise on a Whim
With some vintage crates, the frames from my Christmas Gallery Wall,
and some other touches I'll be sharing with you soon,
my dining room has a pretty cute Valentine Vignette going on.
And it all started with my vintage typewriter!
Valentine Vignette with a Vintage Typewriter from Denise on a Whim

Let's keep in touch...
Your comments make me smile :) 'Til next time!
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you and read all of your comments. They make my day! I'm sorry I can't reply to every one of them, but I sure do love reading them and appreciate every one!

Pin It button on image hover